The Yellows held to a draw

By Erick Jupp

Farnborough fought to a well-earned 1-1 draw against a tough Tiverton Town side in some tricky weather conditions.

Boro’ came into this game without striker Connor Calcutt, who moved to Hendon the day before, but saw the return of Pat Cox to the club, who was on the bench. James Stroud was back in the starting XI replacing Sam Mason in the Boro’ goal.

The game kicked off under some rain, which proved to be quite tricky for some of the players as they would lose their footing on the wet pitch.

The game saw very little action in the opening minutes with the first piece coming in the 14th minute when Adam Pepera went to clear the ball, but his clearance came off his own man with the ball luckily going straight at Stroud.

Boro’ had their first chance three minutes later when Nathaniel Oseni’s free kick was half cleared by Tiverton, only for it to fall to Michael Fernandes in the box, but his effort was saved by Liam Armstrong in the Tiverton goal.

Boro’ did open the scoring in the 28th minute when Fernandes played a delightful through ball to Andrew Sealey-Harris, who beat his man with some skill in the box before striking it into the roof of the Tiverton goal. Tiverton Town 0-1 Farnborough.

Tiverton had a chance to respond in the 34th minute when a cross into the Boro’ box found Jordan Rogers, but his header from close range was just wide of the Boro’ goal.

Four minutes later, Tiverton found their equaliser. A corner crossed towards Boro’s near post was headed in by Rogers to level the scoring. Tiverton Town 1-1 Farnborough.

In the 41st minute, Tiverton had a great chance to go ahead. Levi Landricombe was played through on goal and managed to dink the ball over the advancing Stroud, but Pepera was there to clear it off the line for Boro’ and maintain the score level.

The game headed into half time all level at one a piece.

HALF TIME: Tiverton Town 1-1 Farnborough

The start of the second half was much like the first half, with both teams battling out for possession and the first piece of action coming in the 58th minute, where Stroud was called upon to produce a brilliant save to prevent the Tiverton player scoring from close range.

Boro’ had a great opportunity to take the lead in the 73rd minute when Luke Robertson played Perry Coles through on goal, but he was denied by a great save from Armstrong.

Armstrong was out again to deny Boro’ in the 80th minute when he saved Sealey-Harris’ effort from the edge of the box.

Two minutes later, Tiverton came close again. Nick Hurst’s cross was met by Ethan Phillips, who from close range, put his effort wide.

Coles came close to scoring for Boro’ again in the 84th minute, however, his effort was cleared off the line.

In the final minutes of the match, Tiverton put on the pressure. First in the 86th minute, when Phillips’ long range effort was tipped around the post by Stroud. The resulting corner was put in and headed towards the Boro’ goal, but Stroud was there again to claim the ball under some heavy pressure.

The second was a dangerous free kick in the 92nd minute that was put in towards the Boro’ goal, but Stroud smartly tipped it out for a corner. Tiverton played the corner short, but their effort on goal was well over the bar and that was the last piece of action, with the game ending 1-1.

FULL TIME: Tiverton Town 1-1 Farnborough

Keep up to date with your Club on social media: