Very disappointing day at the office for Boro’

By Erick Jupp

Despite the great weather yesterday, Boro’ had a day to forget as the squad suffered a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Poole Town.

Boro’ started the first half very brightly and in the 4th minute hit the post. Kurtis Cumberbatch found Perry Coles inside the box who opened his body up and curled an effort that came off the woodwork.

In the 12th minute, Boro’ had another chance when Michael Fernandes made some space for himself inside the box but his effort was straight at Luke Cairney in the Poole goal.

Five minutes later, Poole had a dangerous attack but Adam Pepera was there to make a crucial block inside the box for Boro’.

In the 20th minute, Poole were awarded a penalty when Jordan Alawode-Williams was brought down by Pepera in the box. Corey Henry stepped up and netted his spot kick to put the home side in the lead. Poole Town 1-0 Farnborough.

On the half hour mark, Poole had another chance when Luke Roberts made some space in the box but his curling effort was just wide of the Boro’ goal.

Eight minutes later, Poole got their second goal. Henry ran through on goal and stayed on his feet after the challenge from Nathaniel Oseni, his first effort was saved by Sam Mason in the Boro’ goal but he slotted in the rebound to put Poole two up. Poole Town 2-0 Farnborough.

Henry was through again in the 40th minute but was denied by Mason, who produced a great save to deny the Poole striker his hat-trick before half time.

HALF TIME: Poole Town 2-0 Farnborough

Boro’ headed into the second half looking to mount a comeback but had further setback in the 53rd minute when Michael Atkinson fouled Poole substitute Sam Griffin in the box. And a minute later, Henry got his hat-trick to put Poole three up. Poole Town 3-0 Farnborough.

It didn’t get any better for Boro’ as eight minutes later, Poole were four up. Roberts drove into the Boro’ box after receiving a cross field pass from Corby Moore, he took on his man and beat Mason in the Boro’ goal to extend their lead even further. Poole Town 4-0 Farnborough.

In the 74th minute, Boro’ had a chance after some miscommunication between Cairney and Alawode-Williams, with the two colliding with each other and the ball fell to Declan Appau quite far away from the goal, but his long range effort went wide of the open goal.

A minute later, on the other end of the pitch, Poole scored their fifth. Jez Bedford picked up the ball and striked it from the edge of the Boro’ box and it went in the bottom corner of the Boro’ goal, beating Mason who got close to it. Poole Town 5-0 Farnborough.

In the 83rd minute, Boro’ had a half chance when Connor Calcutt got his effort off on the edge of the box but it was saved by Cairney in the Poole goal.

Two minutes later, Poole got their sixth goal. Substitute Richard Gillespie was found by himself on the wing and drove into the Boro’ box and with only Mason to beat, slotted his shot through the legs of the Boro’ keeper to round up what was disappointing day for Boro’. Poole Town 6-0 Farnborough.

FULL TIME: Poole Town 6-0 Farnborough

Keep up to date with your Club on social media: