Boro’ beaten by in-form Whites

By Erick Jupp

Boro’s poor run of form continued after a 3-0 defeat at home to Salisbury.

Boro’ came into this fixture looking to bounce back from their 4-2 defeat midweek to Swindon Supermarine.

There was also a couple of changes in the starting XI which included Sam Mason back in goal for James Stroud, Brendan Murphy-McVey in for Connor Cullen and Jerry Puemo replacing Manny Adeyeye.

The first half started quietly with both sides struggling to break the other apart and keep possession.

Boro’ started to feel their way into the game as they started to hold some of the possession and had the first chance of the match in the 22nd minute, when Michael Fernandes stole the ball on the wing and picked out Murphy-McVey, who unleashed a good effort on goal, but it was saved by James Hillson in the Salisbury goal.

Salisbury came close three minutes later, when a free kick into the Boro’ box was cleared but only as far to Daniel Young, who from about 30 yards out, hit the woodwork.

In the 30th minute, Salisbury opened the scoring. The ball was played down the wing where it was initially well dealt with by Jerry Puemo, but he lost his footing which gifted Luke Hopper the ball and he capitalised on the mistake and striked the ball over Sam Mason, with the ball coming off the post and in. Farnborough 0-1 Salisbury.

Boro’ had a great opportunity to bring the score level when Andrew Sealey-Harris was brought down in the box in the 38th minute. However, he saw his penalty saved by Hillson.

Salisbury extended their lead on the brink of half time when a free kick whipped into the Boro’ box was flicked on by George Colson, and it went over Mason and into the goal.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 0-2 Salisbury

The second half got underway, and much like the first half, so very little action in the opening 20 minutes of the half.

In the 65th minute, Boro’ had another penalty claim. A great counter attack for Boro’ saw Sealey-Harris drive down the wing and into the box, where he went down with some contact, but the Referee signalled for no penalty. Fernandes’ effort on the loose ball was put well over the bar.

Fernandes had another opportunity two minutes later, but was denied by Hillson.

In the 69th minute, there was a moment of controversy. A brawl between the players on the pitch resulted in Nathaniel Oseni receiving a second yellow card and being sent off, after being booked earlier on for booting the ball into the stands. Wheeler was shown a straight red for Salisbury.

Boro’s Connor Cullen had another chance in the 76th minute, when the ball was nearly in the Salisbury goal but it somehow stayed out.

Boro’ had some more half chances but couldn’t find their way back into the game and in the final minutes of stoppage time, in the 94th minute, Salisbury got their third of the game. Substitute Zackariah Kotwica was played through on goal and drove into the Boro’ box and his strike went into the top left corner to end what was a frustrating day for Boro’. Farnborough 0-3 Salisbury.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 0-3 Salisbury

Keep up to date with your Club on social media: