Boro’ thrash Beaconsfield to ‘stop the rot’

By Erick Jupp

Boro’ ended their winless streak with an emphatic away victory at Beaconsfield Town which included a hat-trick for Reggie Young.

Beaconsfield headed into this fixture as the favourites, but it was Boro’ who started the brighter side, keeping the ball and finding their rhythm in the game.

Boro’s early dominance paid off when Connor Cullen was played through on goal after a delightful pass by Perry Coles, he sprinted past his man and squared it across the box to Andrew Sealey-Harris, who tapped it home from close range into an empty net to open the scoring in the 9th minute. Beaconsfield Town 0-1 Farnborough.

Beaconsfield did have to substitute their goalkeeper Ravan Constable in the 13th minute with an outfield player in Brendan Matthew, having to replace him in goal.

Boro’ continued to look threatening on the break and could have had a second in the 15th minute mark, but Matt Bevans dragged his shot just wide of the goal.

Beaconsfield were struggling to get a foot hold of the game and found themselves two behind in the 38th minute. A great counter attack by Boro’ saw Sealey-Harris receive the ball in the middle and he picked out Young, who drove into the box and then made just enough space for himself, to open up and curl his shot into the top corner of the goal. Beaconsfield Town 0-2 Farnborough.

The momentum continued as Young got his second of the game two minutes later. Boro’ capitalised on an error from the Beaconsfield defence and a cross towards the back post was touched down by Young and he striked it on target, with the ball coming off the defender and into the goal. Beaconsfield Town 0-3 Farnborough.

Beaconsfield did pull one back before the break after a scramble in the Boro’ box, the ball fell to Reece Yorke, who smashed it into the goal from close range. Beaconsfield Town 1-3 Farnborough.

HALF TIME: Beaconsfield Town 1-3 Farnborough

The second half got underway and Boro; got off to the perfect start just four minutes in. After catching Beaconsfield on the break, Boro’ played the ball from one side of the field to the other with the ball eventually ending up with Cullen in the box, who pulled off a body feint to build some space before drilling it into the bottom corner, giving Boro’ a three goal cushion. Beaconsfield Town 1-4 Farnborough.

Cullen could have added a second to his name minutes later, but was denied by a good save from Mendy, the ball fell to Sealey-Harris, but he couldn’t convert from close range as he was tackled by a Beaconsfield defender.

From the resulting corner, Boro’ got their fifth in the 57th minute. The corner was whipped into the box and it was touched in the air by Sean Francis, and he was quick to react to the second ball and nod it into the net from close range. Beaconsfield Town 1-5 Farnborough.

Boro’ continued their dominance and could have made it six two minutes later, but Sealey-Harris put his effort just over the bar from 18 yards.

The game settled down for a period, but Beaconsfield got their second, six minutes from full time. Bajram Pashaj tapped it home from close range to pull another one back for the home side. Beaconsfield Town 2-5 Farnborough.

Boro’ were quick to respond however, as a minute later, Young sealed his hat-trick. A corner was only half cleared by Beaconsfield and the ball fell nicely to Young on the edge of the box, who smashed it first time into the far corner, giving Mendy no chance. Beaconsfield Town 2-6 Farnborough.

FULL TIME: Beaconsfield 2-6 Farnborough

This was a well-deserved and needed victory for Boro’, who will now look to bounce on and get good results in the upcoming matches.

Keep up to date with your Club on social media: