Match Information: Staines Town vs Farnborough
Evo-Stik League South Premier South
Tuesday 14 August 2018
Referee: Jack Bonnick (Bristol)
Assistant Referee’s: Fabien Le Houezec and Dominic Wynter (Sutton).
Staines Town Football Club, Wheatsheaf Park, Wheatsheaf Lane, Staines-upon-Thames, Middlesex, TW18 2PD.
- Adult (22-64 years of age) £10
- Concession (65+ years, and all serving members of the UK armed forces, police, fire brigades, and ambulance service with current valid ID) £6
- Student (16-21 years with acceptable photo ID) £5
- Junior (7-15 years, accompanied by a responsible adult – not necessarily one for one, however) £3
- Children under 7 (accompanied) FREE.
- Adult £12
- Concession £7.
*Disabled – in accordance with league guidelines, disabled persons are charged at the above prices, although if an accompanying carer is required, the carer will be admitted free of charge.
*When using the main stand, general spectators are asked to avoid the yellow seats (officials’ boxes), press area, and any seats reserved for season ticket holders.
Entrance to the bar is located inside the ground.
Match Programmes are available from the hatch at the Club Shop just inside the turnstiles. Team sheets are provided in the Boardroom but are not generally available to spectators.
We regret that car parking is severely limited at the ground. Priority is given to match officials and guests. If no spaces remain, please respect the advice of our stewards who have a thankless task to perform, and who will do their best to direct you to available street parking.
Getting to Wheatshead Park
(A) BY ROAD USING THE M25 MOTORWAY
1. Leave at Junction 13. If you are coming from the North (anticlockwise), bear left onto the A30 Staines By-Pass; if coming from the South (clockwise), you will need to go round the roundabout and back under the M25 to join the By-Pass.
2. Follow the A30 Staines By-Pass as far as the Billet Bridge roundabout (the notorious Crooked Billet roundabout). This should be treated like a roundabout (e. avoid the route across the middle), and you take the last exit, A308, London Road towards the Town Centre.
Option (a) Avoiding Town Centre
3a. Turn left at the second set of traffic lights, by the old Police Station, into Kingston Road. Follow this road past the zebra crossing near the railway station, over the railway bridge, and straight across the first mini-roundabout. 4a. At the second mini-roundabout, turn right into Worple Road, which you follow up to its meeting with the Laleham Road. 5a. At the Anglers’ Rest (formerly Lucan Arms), turn right into Laleham Road, B376. 6a. Wheatsheaf Lane is on the left by a traffic island.
Option (b) Via Town Centre
3b. At the third set of traffic lights, immediately under the iron railway bridge, turn left into South Street, [which is no longer a one-way road]. 4b. Follow South Street past the central bus station, until it meets Thames Street and Laleham Road at the Thames Lodge / Packhorse Hotel. 5b. Turn left here, into Laleham Road, B376, going under the railway, and follow this road for ¾ mile (1 kilometre). 6b. Wheatsheaf Lane is on the right, by the traffic island.
7. Staines Town Football Club is less than 100 metres/yards on the left, and there is a reasonable sized car park. Please park on the left half of the car park.
(B) BY ROAD APPROACHING FROM SUNBURY-on-Thames by the A308
The A308 takes you past Fordbridge Roundabout, Ashford, via the Staines By-Pass and onto the Crooked Billet junction. The first exit is the London Road – then follow 3a or 3b as in (A) above.
(C) BY ROAD FROM EGHAM A30 which becomes the Egham By-Pass at foot of Egham Hill; or
FROM WINDSOR / SLOUGH A308 which meets the A30 at Glanty Roundabout.
Either go to the M25 junction 13 and follow (A) 2 as above; or head towards the town via The Glanty, the Causeway, over Staines Bridge, Clarence Street. Turn right into Thames Street, which becomes Laleham Road at the railway bridge (where South Street joins from the left). Follow 5b as in (B) above.
(D) BY ROAD APPROACHING FROM CHERTSEY BY THE A320 This meets the A30 (Causeway) at the Egham Roundabout on the far side of Staines Bridge. Then as (C).
(E) BY ROAD FROM HOUNSLOW, UXBRIDGE, HAYES, HEATHROW or COLNBROOK
The A4 Colnbrook By-Pass / Bath Road meets the Stanwell Moor Road (A3044) near Longford. Head southwards to the Crooked Billet, take the 3rd exit, then follow 3a or 3b per (A) above.
Staines (formerly Staines Central) is on the British Rail (South West Trains) line between London (Waterloo) and Reading, with direct links also to Clapham Junction, Richmond, Feltham, Hounslow, Windsor & Eton Riverside, Weybridge, Ascot, and Aldershot.
Route 218 (Tellings Golden Miller) passes Wheatsheaf Lane, Walton, and Kingston; local route 570 (Timetrak) passes the Ground.
Taxis can be ordered from the railway station.
Keep up to date with your Club on social media: