FaST feature included in recent programme
Farnborough Supporters Trust, known as FaST, was founded in 2005 with the aim of representing the supporters of Farnborough Football Club and to strengthen bonds between the club and the local community. Since then, with the help of club supporters, the Trust has proudly raised over £140,000 to assist the club financially. A truly amazing figure. This vast sum has enabled the completion of new building projects, essential maintenance and improvement to the Stadium, support of the playing budget under the flagship scheme ‘Boost The Boro’ and other agreed costs for the mutual benefit of the Club and Supporters, enhancing the match day experience. Many of the improvements to the ground infrastructure have been carried out by willing volunteers, most of whom are FaST members, under the direction of FaST saving the club thousands of pounds.
Activity in 2017:
- Completion of the FaST Food snack bar for an outlay of £3,800 and this has been handed over to the club to run and provides a vital source of income
- FaST paid for the hire of a cherry picker to allow replacement of defective flood light bulbs in accordance with League rules to the sum of £390.
- A joint project between the club and FaST saw the outside toilet block repaired after mindless vandalism. FaST set aside £1500 towards costs and repairs were carried out by FaST members, saving the club thousands of pounds in labour fees.
- On all home match days, FaST continue to hold a 50/50 draw and the lucky winner enjoys 50% of the money taken by ticket sales on that day. The other 50% goes towards FaST funds.
- FaST set up the “Boost The Boro” scheme which is designed to contribute towards the playing budget. FaST agreed to contribute an affordable, regular amount each month and this is boosted by donations received through standing orders and match day bucket collections. In 2017, the fantastic total of £5600 was handed over to the club which helped to fund the type of calibre players we all want to see playing for the Boro.
Also FaST commenced the running of a minibus to selected away matches earlier this season under the much appreciated organisation of the Club Shop Manager Sue Reason. This is at the knockdown fee of £10 per seat for FaST members, a saving of £2 per seat against the price for non-members. This has proved to be a very successful trial and is intended to be continued. Details of each minibus to be run is published on the club’s official website and to make a booking speak to Sue direct at the Club Shop on matchdays or ring her on 07710 496040.
So why not become a member today?
As you can see FaST plays a vital part in supporting the club and the more members we have, the more financial support can be provided. In turn, the improvements that can be made from membership income enable the enhancement of the facilities that can be provided for the benefit of you the fans. FaST Board Secretary Phil Martin is also a Director of the Club and the Trust views are represented directly at board level. We also invite club Directors to attend FaST Board Meetings to discuss matters of mutual interest.
FaST retains close ties with Farnborough Youth FC and their Chairman Malcolm Upward is a co-opted Member of the Board. This enables FaST to gain valuable insight into their activities and to establish areas of co-operation for our mutual benefit.
As a Supporters Trust we will listen to all reasonable requests and try and act on them.
How to join?
Pick up a membership Application Form on matchdays from the 50/50 desk complete and then pay an annual membership subscription of just £10. Hand this in at the desk and Membership Secretary Paul Spicer will process your membership. Alternatively, a form can be downloaded from the FaST website farnboroughfast.wordpress.com and sent direct with a cheque direct to Paul at the address shown. If preferred, an electronic payment can be made using your name and stating ‘new member’ as the reference to FaST sort code 089299, account 65165579. Should you additionally wish to make monthly donations, included with the Application Form is a Standing Order mandate. Anything you can afford to help the Trust continue the fans support of the club will be most welcome.
The FaST website farnboroughfast.wordpress.com is being updated shortly and you will then be able to find the latest news on Trust activities; copies of Board Meeting Minutes; 50/50 draw ticket winners and other general information. You can also keep up to date by following on Twitter @FFCFaST
Please consider joining FaST and make our presence at the club stronger for the future.
Chairman – Farnborough Supporters Trust
Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: