Boro’ cap an unbeaten March with a win as Cox hits 30+ goals

Inspired by a Pat Cox hat-trick, The Yellows bagged an 18th Away win in the League as the Farnborough frontman hit 32 goals for the Season.

Backed by fantastic travelling support, the game got underway at Reynolds Field in the basking sunshine although there was plenty of wind present.

Farnborough had a succession of corners from the right that were dealt with by former keeper, Melvin Minter and co.

Coles set Ciardini outside the box who went around the left of the Hanwelll Town defence and stood up a cross which was just a fraction too high for the head of Cox.

Hanwell Town opened the scoring on 22 minutes after a foul not far outside the Farnborough box. Chris Mills’ resulting free-kick bounced infront of the diving Oualah and into the bottom right-hand corner. Hanwell Town 1-0 Farnborough.

Two minutes after the restart, Oyenuga was fed the ball on the right channel of the box and he put in a low cross which was missed by both Pearce and Coles and was out of Cox’s reach before Joseph knocked the ball behind.

On 27 minutes, Mills left his foot in late on Ciardini and the Referee was well-positioned to blow-up and award the foul in favour of Farnborough. Pearce struck the free-kick from distance which Minter spilled and just as he did for his goal the previous weekend, Perry Coles tucked home the rebound from close range. Hanwell Town 1-1 Farnborough.

Seven minutes later, the turnaround was complete. Pat Cox played a clever one-two with Coles and quickly fired the ball past Minter with a right-footed shot from just inside the box. Hanwell Town 1-2 Farnborough.

After good play by Donnelly in midfield, Pat Cox was allowed time and space on the edge of the Hanwell Town box to drive the ball low into the bottom right-hand corner on 37 minutes to send the Farnborough supporters behind the goal into raptures. Hanwell Town 1-3 Farnborough.

HALF TIME: Hanwell Town 1-3 Farnborough

Nic Ciardini received the first booking of the game with the Referee showing the Farnborough man a yellow card for mistiming his challenge on Watson inside the Hanwell Town half.

Farnborough put the game well and truly out of reach on 57 minutes. Coles and Ciardini linked up on the left and the latter won a corner off Jamison.

Coles’ inswinging delivery was missed by Mills and then Chandiram before Pat Cox volleyed the ball over Minter with his weaker left-foot from six yards out to complete his first Farnborough hat-trick. Hanwell Town 1-3 Farnborough.

Farnborough’s first substitution of the game saw hat-trick hero, Pat Cox come off with Oxford United loanee, Jordan Graham taking his place on the hour mark.

Two minutes later, Scott Donnelly was cautioned for a late challenge on a Hanwell Town player on the Main Stand side of the pitch

In a Farnborough attack from the cleared free-kick, Pearce played a ball in to Graham outside the box whose first-time through ball set up Coles nicely on the edge of the box but the striker struck a volley high over the bar.

Farnborough made their second change of the game in the 68th minute with Keith Emmerson coming on for Scott Donnelly.

On the 70 minute mark, Ciardini scooped a right-footed shot over Minter’s bar from a central position.

Pearce tried his luck from distance three minutes later but his shot was off-target and didn’t trouble Minter.

Farnborough Manager, Spencer Day used his final substitution of the game on 73 minutes with Academy player, Jordan Goater replacing Nic Ciardini in midfield.

Coles went on a good run which took him into the Hanwell Town box as he tried to lose Chandiram but his left-footed shot from an ever-closing angle was saved by Minter.

A long Osano free-kick from inside his own half rebounded off Wright and Huggins’ fierce strike from just inside the box deflected off Chandiram and just past the post for a corner.

Hanwell Town’s Kyle Watson was then dismissed for two yellow cards in the space of 13 minutes. First, Goater was on the receiving end of a late tackle after the ball was played and then an incident which saw Huggins go down injured left the Referee with no choice but to brandish a second yellow card.

In the 90th minute, Oyenuga picked out Oli inside the box who received the ball on the backfoot and set Graham to his left but the Farnborough substitutes first-time shot sailed high over the bar.

FULL TIME: Hanwell Town 1-4 Farnborough

In the end it was a comfortable victory on the road for Boro’ who now have a clear week to prepare for the visit of Aylesbury United to The Rushmoor Community Stadium as we commence a Season-defining April.

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: