Boro’ drub The Sarnies to cruise into the Play-Off Final

Farnborough boss, Spencer Day named an unchanged line-up from Saturday’s thrashing of Beaconsfield SYCOB. with defender Curtis Osano failing a pre-match fitness test.

The hosts looked nervous in the opening ten minutes but started to grow into the game especially when Farnborough advanced into the final third.

Oyenuga was brought down on the right for a free-kick which Ciardini whipped in to the back-post where Pearce nodded the ball into the six-yard box and Oli stabbed an effort just wide.

A clearnace from Neville isolated Matthew will Fearn down the left and the Egham Town forward burst away into the box but the Farnborough Captain made a well-time sliding tackle to win the ball back.

Farnborough’s next chance also fell to Oli who received the ball from Cureton who created space for a shot which Norris could only push out for a corner.

Boro’ settled their nerves in the 25th minute when a short spell of possession saw Emmerson’s ball into the Egham Town box pick out Cureton who brought the ball down before lobbing the ball into the path of Perry Coles who converted from close range. Farnborough 1-0 Egham Town.

A mere two minutes later, a quick-fire double saw Farnborough take lead of a two-goal advantage. After giving away possession to Daly, Cureton charged down his clearance and the ball fell to Donnelly who played a long ball forwards which both Norris and Neville came for and the latter headed into the path of Jamie Cureton who volleyed into an empty net. Farnborough 2-0 Egham Town.

From an Oualah kick forwards, Pearce won the second ball before Cureton flicked the ball into Coles who set Pearce and his low shot was saved by the outstretched leg of Norris.

Egham Town immediately counter-attacked down the left as Matthew latched onto a ball into the left channel, drove away from Huggins and into the Farnborough box but he opened his body up too much and side-footed an effort wide.

Farnborough then had the next chance as Ciardini easily intercepted Neville’s cross-field ball and found Coles who passed to Cureton who turned in space and forced Norris into a diving save with a right-footed strike from outside the box.

Egham Town then won a corner where Berry exchanged passes with Bajram on the left and the formers delivery into the box wasn’t claimed by Oualah and to his relief, the unmarked Yorke side-footed wide from inside the six-yard box.

The Sarnies then worked a move down the right as Moore played a good one-two with Webb and the full-backs picked out Carey inside the box who swung a first-time strike the wrong side of the post.

The visitors were enjoying a good spell of possession but failed to make their chances count. Neville’s long ball forwards was flicked on by Moore into Matthew inside the box who shrugged off Huggins and his cross-shot trickled across the goalmouth as Farnborough escaped.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 2-0 Egham Town

After an Emmerson volley from a cleared Donnelly corner sailed high into the PRE, Farnborough had Oualah to thank for denying Egham Town a way back into the game.

Farnborough got themselves into trouble inside their own half and Matthew cut in from the left and his cross was controlled by Moore who teed up Stead and Oualah saved with his feet before smothering the rebound and collecting the loose ball.

An Egham Town throw-in from the left was taken to Pacquette who held off Fearn and let the ball run across his body before smashing a right-footed volley wide.

From a Norris goal-kick, Pearce won his header inside his own half and Cureton set Ciardini free behind the Egham Town defence but Webb recovered with a well-timed tackle and the visiting goalkeeper gathered the ball.

Farnborough killed the game off on the hour mark as Webb gave possession away to Coles who looked to orchestrate a move which lost momentum. The ball was then recycled to Emmerson who cut inside from the left and lofted the ball to Cureton who controlled the ball and cleverly teed up Perry Coles to his right who composed himself and rifled a strike into the net. Farnborough 3-0 Egham Town.

The Yellows were playing with plenty of confidence and Ciardini controlled a high Oualah clearance on the left touchline and put in a low ball for Cureton who put a first-time shot off-target.

Pashaj then put a free-kick high over the bar from outside the Farnborough box after the Referee adjudged Fearn to have fouled his man.

On 67 minutes an Oualah goal-kick was flicked-on by Ciardini who was then set the ball by the always hard-working Oli and his cross took two deflections before Stead cleared the ball as far as Scott Donnelly who unleashed a powerful low strike which flew in off the right-hand post. Farnborough 4-0 Egham Town.

After Egham Town were caught in possession inside their own half, Coles nicked the ball and exchanged passes with Barton down the right and advanced into the box and went down after a challenge from behind by Daly but the Referee waved away Farnborough appeals for a Penalty.

Farnborough were going in search of a fifth goal as Emmerson skipped away from Matthew and played Ciardini out on the wide-left but no one connected with his low ball which flew across Norris’ six-yard box.

From a Barton throw-in on the right inside the Egham Town half, Farnborough strung five passes together and the ball come out to Donnelly on the bounce whose right-footed volley dropped wide.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 4-0 Egham Town

In-front of the highest Home attendance of the Season (523), Spencer Day’s side progressed into the Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central Final and will take on Barton Rovers on Bank Holiday Monday.

Jamie Knights (L) of Knights Training Academy with Man of the Match, Scott Donnelly (R)

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: