September’s six goal thriller!

A hard fought come back from Boro in the second half saw the side rescue a point from 3-0 down to keep alive an unbeaten league run which now mounts to 4 consecutive games.

In quite awful conditions the teams emerged out from the tunnel into gusts of heavy rain, but that didn’t dampen the action early on.

Dorchester dominated the early stages of the game as Boro struggled to get a foothold on the tie. Danger man Lanahan lead the line for Dorchester and was deadly in the early stages curling one from the edge of the box, only to be denied thanks to a terrific outstretched arm from Cairney.

From the resulting corner, Lanahan made no mistake from the free header 6 yards out as he nestled home the games opener. Farnborough 0-1 Dorchester Town.

Boro begun to slowly grow into the game as Ciardini’s dangerous cross was nearly headed in by Dorchester defender Storey, only denied the embarrassment after a fantastic tip over from keeper Weale.

Boro thought they had a penalty after 10 minutes, when Cureton was barged to the ground after an arial battle. The referee unmoved by the appeals from the players and fans.

Farnborough thought they were back in the game shortly after when Cureton found himself one-on-one with the keeper, he finished smartly but was denied by the assistant referee who had raised his flag for offside.

Dorchester looked lively on the counter attack and that is exactly how they scored their second. A quickly taken free kick on the half way line found the onrushing Egan down the right behind the defence. His squared pass found none other than Lanahan who, again, headed home past an outstretched Cairney. Farnborough 0-2 Dorchester Town.

The remainder of the half was conducted by Boro, who had a host of chances to try and claw back the deficit. Huggins, Cureton and Ciardini all with efforts in front of goal but failed to make their chances count. Weale also performing well when called upon as he denied Huggins with a good save from a well struck volley.

On the stroke of Half Time, heart break for Boro as Dorchester attacked with another counter. A committed Boro attack saw limited numbers in defence which was exploited when Lowes beat the offside trap and calmly slotted past Cairney with a neat finish to send the Magpies into half time with a 3 goal lead. Farnborough 0-3 Dorchester Town.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 0-1 Dorchester Town

The mood at Half Time mirrored the weather along with the disappointing opening 45 minutes. Farnborough back out early for the second half had it all to do, and they did just that!

A much needed early goal was found when quick thinking Cureton played a quick free kick beyond the defence finding Coles who hit home venomously to claw belief back into the game. Farnborough 1-3 Dorchester Town.

Boro then begun to look like the dominant side that they were on Saturday and took the game to Dorchester. Emmerson’s runs from centre half were creating more options to play higher up the field, and Ciardini and co begun to fire closer than what they had been doing in the first half.

It was Emmerson and Ciardini who linked up for the second. Emmerson tearing out from the back drilled in a pass to Ciardini who broke inside the full-back and opened up his body to curl one into the bottom corner for Boro’s second. Accompanying the goal was the real belief that they were going to get something from this game. Farnborough 2-3 Dorchester Town.

Much like Saturday, the game went down to the wire and on the 88th minute, the comeback was completed. Confusion in the Dorchester defence saw Weale dive on top of a pass back from his own man and the referee rightly awarded the indirect free kick. Coles fired dangerously at goal and a flick from Calcutt helped take the ball past Weale and crash into the back of the net. The comeback was complete. Farnborough 3-3 Dorchester Town.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 3-3 Dorchester Town

In truth, Farnborough were unlucky not to take all 3 points from the host of chances that they had created themselves throughout the game. However, from the Half Time scoreline to the Full Time one, a fantastic team spirited second half performance extends Boro’s league unbeaten run to 4.

On Saturday, it’s away to Biggleswade Town who Farnborough could leapfrog with a win!

Next up at the Rushmoor Community Stadium is cup action as Hartley Wintney are the visitors.

Match Report by Ryan Chitson.

Keep up to date with your Club on social media: