Boro’ find their form again and claim the points at Kingsmeadow!

While John Oyenuga remained on the injury list, travelling fans were cheered by the return of Josh Gallagher from suspension and the surprise reappearance of Keith Emmerson was to prove a real asset.

However, there was further disappointment when Aaron Bufton was injured in the warm up and replaced by Melvin Minter.

The opening 10 minutes saw both sides create chances and win corners which failed to bear fruit.

Emmerson came forward and his shot from 20 yards was tipped over by Tolfrey. Grant shot over from the corner.

When a good pass from Gallagher put Oli through, Tolfrey was quick to react and snatch the ball off the toes of the big centre forward.

Dennis Oli slid a pass to Charlie Allen and his cross went just beyond the far post and out for a goal kick.

Gallagher was booked in midfield and Minter overcame some earlier nerves to gather the free kick.

The home side created a number of openings, but a combination of sensible defending and poor finishing ensured that they didn’t benefit.

O’Leary shot over from the 18 yard line and a Page shot on the turn went wide of the post.

McCollin headed wide from a good position and a Bennett cross was put out for a corner by Terrell Forbes before, on the stroke of half time, Odametey shot wide from 20 yards.

HALF TIME: Kingstonian 0-0 Farnborough

A very open first half in which both sides created and missed chances with defences generally coming out on top.

With the game evenly poised if the second period continues in similar vein it’s quite possible a single goal could decide matters.

The second half commenced at 8:50pm and Stones were quickly on the offensive and just two minutes in, McCollin blew a great chance when he scuffed a shot wide from the edge of the box with just Minter to beat.

Bailey had an even better chance minutes later when put in by Allen only to put his effort too close to Tolfrey allowing the keeper to block the shot from about eight yards out.

The home side enjoyed a short period of dominance which saw Minter make a great double save by first palming away a shot a full stretch to his left, then scrambling across to block the follow-up out for a corner.

Page hooked a shot over from 10 yards and Pinnock cut in from the left only to hit a right foot shot well wide.

Usman Adeniji replaced Ollie Bailey on 55 minutes with the youngster having surely covered practically every blade of grass in his non stop style.

Emmerson shot narrowly wide after a cross was headed out, then, with matters warming up Boro’ had three players booked in a few minutes.

Barton and Grant were followed by Oli. The latter was possibly incorrect as it was Allen who appeared to have been brought down as closed on goal. It looked a good shout from where I was sitting, but Mr. Pike awarded a free kick presumably for diving and then appeared to show Oli the yellow card.

However, Boro’ were not to be denied for long and when another attack was only partially cleared Emmerson followed up to crack a great shot past Tolfrey’s left hand on 65 minutes. Kingstonian 0-1 Farnborough.


The returning Keith Emmerson struck home his first League goal of the Season

The Stones made a double substitution replacing O’Leary and Page with Pico-Gomez and Newman on 66 minutes.

Newman was soon involved but blasted a chance high and wide of the target.

Oli was just wide of the post at the other end before unwittingly involved in the equalising goal for Kingstonian.

The centre forward went down injured on the edge of the Stones area when a Boro’ attack was broken up. Although clearly hurt, play was allowed to continue and the home side were allowed to progress down the pitch with howls ringing in their ears to put the ball into touch.

Neither players, or the Referee payed any heed and eventually Dan Bennett (who else?) scored from close range in a crowded 6 yard box on 73 minutes. Kingstonian 1-1 Farnborough.

Only then did Mr Pike allow Oli to receive attention and it soon became clear that he couldn’t continue and was replaced by Dean Joseph-Wittingham on 74 minutes.

Both sides were pushing for a winner as play switched from end to end.

Minter made a fingertip save from McCollin before Turner shot wide from the edge of the area.

Emmerson shot from distance and Tolfrey kept it out at full stretch at the foot of his post.

Mr Pike signalled a minimum of 4 added minutes and when well into the extra time Boro’ fans held their breath as first, Newman’s shot was a good ten feet too high, then McCollin, who had fortunately switched his Sat-Nav off, hit one which swerved 10 yards wide.

With time almost up, Emmerson made a run down the left, ignored requests to head for the corner and hit a cross to the right side of the area where Adeniji promptly crossed to the far post. Just as the ball looked to be going out, Dean Joseph-Whittingham smacked it back and to the delight of Boro’ fans it went inside Tolfrey’s left post for a last gasp winner.

The final whistle sounded seconds after play resumed.

FULL TIME: Kingstonian 1-2 Farnborough

A fantastic and well deserved win for Boro’ not to mention another 3 points on

the road. A great team performance coupled with some fine individual contributions. Well done to all.

Leatherhead up next on Saturday with the ‘away’ hoodoo well and truly put down so let’s have another performance like this to keep hopes of the great escape alive.

Match Report by Tony Duff.


DELIGHTED DUO: Captain, CJ Fearn and Jack Barton celebrate at full time

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: