Cards at the double keeps Boro’ on track.

Two second half goals from Nic Ciardini ensured a more comfortable victory for Boro’ after a rather laboured opening 45 minutes.

Despite enjoying the majority of possession for the first half an hour, Boro’ seemed unable to find their rhythm and spurned a number of opportunities.

Egham Town had few real chances going forward and Driscoll dealt comfortably with a free kick after 7 minutes.

They were then rather luckily awarded a free kick as Joseph appeared to tread on the ball when trying to control it and went down. With no Boro’ player in touching distance Referee, Martin Bloor, gave a free kick.

Daly’s kick sailed over from 25 yards to Boro’s relief and justice prevailed.

Another strange decision came when Driscoll appeared to watch a ball from the left cross the line wide of his post before catching it. However, following shouts of “Oi Ref”, from Egham Town players, Mr Bloor awarded a corner.

Boro’ continued to attack and after 37 minutes finally broke the deadlock. After an attempted clearance Keith Emmerson had a go from outside the area to the left and his effort, which was on target, was further helped by a deflection which saw it loop into the top of goal to the keepers left. Farnborough 1-0 Egham Town.

Five minutes later Boro’ had a chance to double their lead when, after a sustained attack, Kurt Brooks handled on the goal line and was shown a Red card. Nic Ciardini struck the penalty well enough but Reading finger tipped the ball on to the post and out for a corner.

Boro’ continued to attack and in added time Ciardini came very close when he curled a right foot shot inches wide of the post.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 1-0 Egham Town

On the balance of play Boro’ could and probably should have had at least two more goals and with the visitors reduced to ten men the second half would have been little more than a formality.

The second period got away at 8:50pm with Egham Town having replaced Leon Smith with Brendan Matthew.

Boro’ began the half with more purpose a good move down the right saw John Oyenuga burst into the box only to be unceremoniously flattened. There seemed to be a clear case for another Penalty, but Mr. Bloor was having nothing of it. Perhaps he’s rationed to one a game?

However, there wasn’t long to wait and when a good move on the right was crossed into the box, Jamie Cureton duly struck home with a low shot inside the keepers left post on 57 minutes. Farnborough 2-0 Egham Town.

Egham Town made a double change replacing Callum Webb and Bajram Pashaj with Chris Henry and Aaron Berry on 58 minutes.

The second goal seemed to settle Boro’ down and they began to play with more confidence and were looking to increase their lead.

A good move and cross saw Nic Ciardini coming in from the left to strike home into the far corner on 63 minutes. Farnborough 3-0 Egham Town.


Nic Ciardini gets off the mark for the Season infront of the PRE

Boro’ immediately replaced Dennis Oli with Eddie Smith on 63 minutes and following more sustained attacking made two more changes.

John Oyenuga made way for Jack Battie on 70 minutes and then a final change saw Jamie Cureton replaced by Sam Shaban on 75 minutes.

Boro’ were looking likely to score again as they continued to attack almost at will and with 6 minutes remaining Nic Ciardini got his second of the night and Boro’s fourth when running in from the left he struck a low shot inside the far post on 84 minutes. Farnborough 4-0 Egham Town.

The visitors had only the occasional visit upfield but did have a free kick deflected for a corner which Driscoll punched clear.

Boro’ had a free kick near to the end which saw Battie beat the wall and Reading save low down.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 4-0 Egham Town

A much improved display in the second half and in the end a comfortable win.

Another clean sheet and three more points ahead of our first F.A Cup game of the campaign on Saturday.

Come on you Yelloowsaa!!

Match Report by Tony Duff.


Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: