Another home win keeps Boro’ in the hunt.

Boro’s first League double of the season which, in fairness to Kidlington, was not as straight forward as the score line suggests, made sure they kept in contention at the top of the pile.

The visitors looked a different proposition from the side we played earlier in the campaign. They were sharp and allowed Boro’ little time on the ball while moving the ball quickly and mostly to good effect when in possession which meant the Boro’ defence needed to remain vigilant.

There was a fair amount of pushing and shoving and some rather robust challenges flying around which, as the game wore on, caused tempers to fray.

The opening minutes saw Emmerson and Oyenuga combine well and the latters cross from the right was smothered by Sam Warrell in the Kidlington goal.

At the other end Ollie Treacher made a timely clearance off the line following a corner.

A good move involving Nic Ciardini and Charlie Allen saw Henry Owen happy to belt Ciardini’s cross out for a corner.

The keeper’s legs kept out Josh Huggins effort from a narrow angle before another Ciardini cross was hoofed out for a corner.

Boro’ went ahead after 29 minutes when Josh Huggins strong header found the net following another corner. Farnborough 1-0 Kidlington.

Chris Weedon went down injured when chasing a loose ball and was unable to continue. He was replaced by Tommy Castle after 32 minutes.

Warrell punched clear another cross and Nic Ciardini’s follow up went wide of the post.

Boro’ had a good chance to double their lead when Mr Warren awarded a penalty after Sam Pearce was fouled in the box.

Following a delay while a player received attention (and others contested the decision), CJ blasted his kick high over the goal and out of the Ground.

The remainder of the half passed without further serious efforts from either side.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 1-0 Kidlington

In a half of few clear chances Boro’ took a slender lead into the break and were no doubt hoping the missed opportunity from the spot would not come back to haunt them.

The second half got away at 4:03pm and early on a Sam Pearce free kick was punched clear by keeper Warrell.

John Oyenuga was booked for allegedly delaying a free kick and CJ for a foul on Castle.

Aaron Bufton punched away a free kick from Gabbidon and Josh Huggins blocked the follow up at the expense of a corner.

Charlie Allen was replaced by debutant Michael Onovwigan 65 minutes.

Nic Ciardini went close with a free kick and John Oyenuga made good progress down the right before his low cross was gathered at full stretch by Warrell.

With 15 minutes to go there was a lot of ‘handbags’ in the centre of the field which involved several players from both sides. What started it was far from clear, but it took a couple of minutes to sort out and following a chat with his Assistant, Referee Warren booked Perry Coles and either/both of Osborne-Ricketts and keeper Sam Warrell who had been trying to influence the Referee throughout the incident.

Sam Shaban replaced Dennis Oli on 80 minutes.

Boro’ broke quickly from defence with Nic Ciardini progressing down the left before cutting inside and shooting into the far corner on 81 minutes. Farnborough 2-0 Kidlington.

Nic Ciardini was replaced by Jack Barton on 82 minutes.

Tommy Castle was booked then Kidlington made a double substitution with Jack Quainton and Mark Gaul replacing Jack Dunmall and Anaciet Odhiambo.

With three minutes of normal time left Sam Pearce met a free kick from the right and finished neatly for Boro’s third. Farnborough 3-0 Kidlington.

A minimum of 4 added minutes were indicated by the Mr Warren and were to provide more drama before the final whistle.

Deep into added time the visitors were pushing  hard for what could only have been a consolation and hammered the ball towards the Boro’ goal.

It was difficult to see what happened, but a penalty was awarded and Ollie Treacher was shown a straight red card. Rumour suggested it was for deliberate hand ball, but given the speed at which the ball was travelling I doubt it could have been avoided. Seemed a bit harsh.

Lewis Coyle stepped up to take the kick and seemed determined to emulate CJ’s earlier attempt and duly skied his kick well over the bar.

Sorry CJ but of the two, yours was far more likely to have endangered flights from Farnborough.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 3-0 Kidlington

Another three points and a clean sheet – come on you Yelloowsaa!!

Match Report by Tony Duff.


Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: