Too little, too late.

Farnborough were forced into two changes in Midfield from the side that overcame Kidlington the previous weekend, with Sam Shaban replacing the ill Keith Emmerson and Michael Onovwigan making his full debut following the departure of Charlie Allen.

The game was 10 minutes old when the first chance of the game arrived.

Bedford Town were awarded a free-kick on the right and Knight’s delivery was met by Karkari whose goal-bound header was acrobatically hooked off the line by Huggins at the back-post.

A minute later, the hosts took the lead as Luke Knight evaded a challenge from just outside the box and the Bedford Town Captain’s right-footed volley cannoned in off the the post. Bedford Town 1-0 Farnborough.

Still shell-shocked from the opening goal, the Farnborough defence were asleep from another ball into the box and allowed Bedford Town to double their lead just two minutes later as Tommy Hull struck into the bottom left corner. Bedford Town 2-0 Farnborough.

On the quarter of an hour mark, Nic Ciardini’s powerful free-kick from distance was pushed over the bar by Harpur after Huggins was fouled.

Farnborough started to grow into the game with a lot of play in the oppositions half. Sam Pearce put his left-footed half volley attempt out of the Ground from an outswinging Ciardini corner.

Oyenuga fed Coles inside the box from an attack down the right but the Farnborough strikers right-footed effort flew out of the Ground.

After Ciardini and Shaban exchanged passes from a short corner on the right, the latters teasing ball across the box rolled out for a goal-kick with three Farnborough players failing to make contact.

Another Ciardini free-kick on the right was well held by the Harpur.

As Oli drove forwards inside the Bedford Town half, he put Shaban free down the left and his low right-footed shot was deflected onto the post off Peters’ leg.

HALF TIME: Bedford Town 2-0 Farnborough

The opening stages of the Second Half didn’t see clear chances for either side, with Farnborough having the majority of possession but Bedford Town also looking dangerous on the counter attack.

On 62 minutes, build-up from Farnborough on the left eventually saw the ball fall to Perry Coles on the edge of the box and he worked a right-footed shot which was pushed past the post by Harpur.

Femi Orenuga made his Farnborough debut in the 65th minute, replacing John Oyenuga.

Around the 70 minute mark, the Referee awarded a free-kick to Farnborough inside their own half. As it was taken quickly, the Referee managed to block the pass and coincidentally, the ball fell straight into the path of a Bedford Town player.

That player was Tshikuna who exchanged passes with Phillips down the left and his shot from the edge of the box was pushed over the bar by Bufton. A fortuitous escape, for the Referee!

Farnborough’s second substitution of the game saw Michael Onovwigan withdrawn for Jack Barton on 71 minutes.

After a low Orenuga cross from the right was blocked, Oli poked the rebound into the path of Coles inside the box but his first-time strike sailed over the bar.

On 86 minutes, Knight’s right-footed free-kick from the left bent around the Farnborough wall and was palmed away by the diving Bufton.

The next phase of action saw a Bedford Town forward poked a low first-time shot wide at the near post after a cross from the left.

After Huggins picked up a loose pass from Phillips, the Farnborough Midfielder drove forwards and fed Pearce whose through ball was controlled neatly by Coles inside the box and as he lofted the ball over Harpur, Peters recovered and volley the ball out of play.

After Barton’s loose pass was intercepted, Tshikuna was set free on his own down the left and as the Bedford Town player drove into the box, Barton made a great recovery tackle and Bufton claimed the ball.

At the other end, Oli held off his man and drove forwards with the ball but hit a shot which flew high over the bar.

From an inswinging Ciardini free-kick from the left, Hull’s clearance set Karkari through after skipping past a challenge from Treacher but Ciardini tracked back and tackled well to prevent the danger.

After Orenuga was easily dispossessed down the right, Phillips breaked for Bedford Town down the left and while being forced wide by Fearn, the strikers left-footed shot fell comfortably wide of Bufton’s goal.

Deep into added time, Farnborough grabbed a consolation goal through top-scorer, Perry Coles.

Orenuga dribbled round the outside of Lawal down the right wing and his low cross was controlled by Coles who turned and stuck low into the far corner with his eighth goal in nine games. Bedford Town 2-1 Farnborough.

The final whistle blew almost immediately after the restart to condemn Farnborough to their fourth Away defeat in the League of the Season.

FULL TIME: Bedford Town 2-1 Farnborough


Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: