Boro’ go clear at top after another away win.

With Chalfont St. Peter losing again, Boro’s clinical disposal of Beaconsfield SYCOB saw them open a two point gap at the top of the League.

The hosts got the game underway at 3:00pm on a grey, damp afternoon at Holloways Park in front of a meagre crowd of 115.

Boro’ were first to really threaten and a neat free kick from Terrell Forbes put the ball past the wall but it was just too strong for Dennis Oli to reach.

Soon after, CJ’s ground shot from outside the area was only parried by Soutter in the home goal and Jamie Cureton tapped home only to be ruled off-side.

A Ciardini free kick from the right corner of the box was headed firmly home by Josh Huggins to give Boro’ the lead after 11 minutes. Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-1 Farnborough.

To their credit, the home side were trying to play decent football and with Tristan Campbell orchestrating things from midfield were starting to create a few promising moves, but the Boro’ defence stood firm.

Forbes put Oli through and the big centre forward’s shot had goal written all over it before being hooked off the line. Despite claims from Boro’ forwards the Lino was well placed and quickly signalled no ‘goal’.

Joel Driscoll, who had not been troubled was alert to tip a long range effort round the post and Losasso headed over from the resultant corner.

Following a good move down the right Dennis Oli was on hand to claim Boro’s second from the cross on 25 minutes. Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-2 Farnborough.

Boro’ were comfortably dominating at this stage with only occasional threats form the home side. Losasso had a shot blocked and Driscoll claimed the ball when it was returned into the area.

Marcos Ushiro-Lumb was booked for a blatant foul on Oyenuga and Boro’, now in full cry had several attempts blocked in quick succession before the ball was finally put out for a corner on the right.

Nic Ciardini’s ball into the box was well met by Cureton but Soutter saved well to ensure the score remained at 0-2
when Mr Templey blew for Half Time.

HALF TIME: Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-2 Farnborough

A half mostly dominated by Boro’, but the home side didn’t let heads drop and showed they were capable of causing problems if the defence let their guard down.

The second half began at 4:00pm with the home side having replaced Oliver McCoy with Josh Dillon during the break.

The opening 10 minutes saw both sides create chances. A good cross from Ciardini on the left went right through to Oli on the opposite wing and Cureton met his return into the box but his effort curled past the post.

Losasso put in a good cross from the left, but Dillon missed his header despite not being under pressure.

Jamie Cureton had another headed effort clutched by Soutter just under the bar and when Beaconsfield broke away Keith Emmerson was alert and cleared the danger.

After having a claim for hands waved away, Boro’ kept up the pressure and a good move and cross from John Oyenuga saw Cureton’s shot deflected over for a corner.

The number tens persistence finally paid off when Cureton slotted home from close in from the corner kick on 57 minutes. Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-3 Farnborough.

A long shot from Losasso was easily dealt with by Driscoll and his clearance almost led to another goal.

Oyenuga’s cross from the right was headed back into the middle by Ciardini and Cureton’s downward header was somehow clawed away by Soutter.

Boro’ were well in command and looked likely to score every time they attacked.

Habib Cissoko replaced Dennis Oli on 68 minutes for Farnborough.

A quick break down the right found Cureton clear but without support in the middle and his effort dropped just over onto the roof of the net.

Ryan Hill replaced Ollie Jones for the home side on 74 minutes.

There was no keeping Cureton out of the spotlight and his shot from outside the area rattled the bar with Cissoko being flagged off-side when he closed on the rebound.

With fifteen minutes remaining Beaconsfield enjoyed a bright spell which saw the Boro’ defence needing to remain alert and during which, Driscoll mad several good saves including a double save from Losasso and Minhas.

Boro’ made a double change which saw Jamal Batchilly replace John Oyenuga and new boy Callum Overton come on for Nic Ciardini on 80 minutes.

With two minutes of normal time left, Jamie Cureton got his second and Boro’s forth on 88 minutes with a good shot into the far corner following a run in form the right. Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-4 Farnborough.

In the remaining time Callum Overton showed his mettle and came close to opening his account on two occasions.

First, he burst through on goal and was thwarted by Soutter, then he headed narrowly over following a corner.

Neil Templey blew for time after three added minutes.

FULL TIME: Beaconsfield SYCOB 0-4 Farnborough

Another great away win and clean sheet achieved with a good team performance.

Come on you Yelloowsaa!!

Match Report by Tony Duff.


Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: