Boro’ snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Apologies for the rather short Report, but after spending two hours marooned on the M25, I finally arrived just as the teams took to the field for the second half.

The good news was that Boro’ despite all the enforced changes due to injury, suspension and unavailability had played quite well and were leading 2-0 at the break.

Dennis Oli getting the first and Josh Huggins heading home from a corner just before the break.

Ollie Treacher, on his return, had apparently taken a knock in the first half and was replaced by Jordan Hibbert.

The opening few minutes saw Boro’ seeking to increase their lead and Jenkins in the Aylesbury goal blocked well from Nic Ciardini and Coles follow up was put out for a corner.

The keeper also saved well from Dennis Oli in the early stages.

An Aylesbury substitution saw Cascoe replaced by Olukanme on 60 minutes.

The home side were starting to show more and putting pressure on the Boro’ defence and when some poor defending saw the ball only partially cleared, James Faulkner deftly lobbed it back over Driscoll to halve the arrears on 62 minutes. Aylesbury 1-2 Farnborough.

Aylesbury had their tails up and it wasn’t long before they equalised. Terrell Forbes had his pocket well and truly picked in the area and Faulkner took full advantage to score his second on 65 minutes. Aylesbury 2-2 Farnborough.

A Farnborough substitution saw Jack Barton replaced by Ethan Allen on 68 minutes.

Lambert for Aylesbury and Coles for Farnborough were both booked on 71 minutes.

The home side were well on top and looking the most likely to score again, but Boro’ were thwarted on several occasions by a combination of a packed defence and some good saves from Jenkins.

Aylesbury scored again after Forbes was again found uncharacteristically wanting and Ty Deacon sent a well directed 25 yarder into the corner of the net on 82 minutes. Aylesbury 3-2 Farnborough.

Farnborough’s final substitution saw Terrell Forbes have his place taken by Sam Shaban on 82 minutes.

An Aylesbury substitution saw Faulkner replaced by Musoke on 86 minutes and Deacon came off for Bateman on 88 minutes.

Boro’ pushed hard to try and get something out of the game which, at Half Time, they had looked to be comfortably in control of. What a contrast in the two halves.

Jenkins palmed away a Battie cross and then scrambled to fall on the ball and clear.

Shaban was booked late on and Nic Ciardini came close in added time when his effort dropped over the bar on to the roof of the net.

FULL TIME: Aylesbury 3-2 Farnborough

A disappointing result after a bright start.

Come on you Yelloowsaa!!

Match Report by Tony Duff.


Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: