It’s set to be a cracker this ‘Santa Saturday’ as Farnborough host 5th placed AFC Dunstable in the final game of the year at The Rushmoor Community Stadium.
Despite failing to take maximum points in the League in midweek, Farnborough replaced Royston Town at the top of the Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central with a superior goal difference separating the two sides.
Spencer Day’s side had to come from behind to snatch a point in a 1-1 draw at Egham Town on Tuesday evening, with Sam Shaban equalising against the Leagues ‘draw specialists’.
Boro’ won 3-1 at AFC Dunstable in November, courtesy of goals from Dennis Oli, Keith Emmerson and Perry Coles.
Manager, Spencer Day admitted that Royston Town remain in poll position: “As much as we went to top of the League in reality we are chasing Royston and a number of other clubs are right there with us looking for promotion so we have a lot of work to do in 2017.
On Saturday’s visitors, AFC Dunstable, Day said: “Our opponents we only recently played and they gave us a very difficult game so we know that we will have to be at the level of last Saturday rather than Tuesdays if we are to remain top of the League.
“They certainly play a particular style of football that caused us a lot of problems but we managed to overcome it just last time and for our last home game of 2016 I hope we can put on a good performance.”
Farnborough last time out (vs Egham Town): Aaron Bufton (gk), John Oyenuga, Ollie Treacher, CJ Fearn (Capt), Josh Huggins, Sam Pearce, Jack Barton, Keith Emmerson, Perry Coles, Dennis Oli, Nic Ciardini; Sam Shaban, Lewis Hayden, Ethan Allen, Jordan Goater and Joel Driscoll (gk).
Sam Shaban rescued a point for Boro’ at Egham Town in midweek
The OD’s currently occupy the Leagues final play-off position in 5th place with 39 points from 23 games.
AFC Dunstable won 3-1 at Home to Petersfield Town in their last League outing on 10 December, thanks to goals from Jermaine Hall (2) and BJ Christie
Steve Heath’s side progressed to the Semi-Finals of the Bedfordshire Senior Cup in midweek with goals from Terry Griffiths, BJ Christie and a Jermaine Hall Penalty helping to defeat Bedford Town 3-1 at Creasey Park.
AFC Dunstable last time out (vs Bedford Town, Cup): Ricky Perks (gk), Courtney Massay, Newman Carney, Terry Griffiths, Bill Morgan, James Bishop, Adiel Mannion, Moses Oyalege (Capt), BJ Christie, Josh Humbert, Jermaine Hall; Brandon Carney, Roy Byron, Tom Silfold, Kyran McGhan-George.
Farnborough won the earlier meeting 3-1 at Creasey Park mid-November
Saturday’s Referee is Stephen Graham (Southampton) and his Assistants are Jake Topp (Southampton) and Stephen McKee (Southampton).
Date: Saturday 17 December 2016
Kick Off: 3pm
Competition: Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central Fixture
Stadium Address: Farnborough Football Club, The Rushmoor Community Stadium, Cherrywood Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 8UD.
Admission prices for both Home and Away supporters are:
- Adult £10
- Concession £8
- Under 16s FREE (Children 12 and under must be accompanied).
- Car Park £2
- Match Day Programme £2
Please invite your family and friends along!
- The Cherrywood Bar will be open from Noon, selling Greene King’s St Edmunds Golden Beer, and the Turnstiles will open at 1pm.
- The Club Shop will open from 1pm, also selling sweets, drinks and Match Day Programmes so make sure you come along to grabs some bargains!
- FREE Mince Pies and Mulled Wine will be available in the Cherrywood Bar.
- Santa Saturday’s Big Boro Raffle: Tickets will be available at £2 a strip, with the draw taking place in the Platinum Lounge at 5pm.
- Crisis For Christmas: Collection buckets will be around the Stadium for people wanting to make donations.
- Make a wish for Curtis: The Cherrywood Bar will be hosting an event at 5pm with stalls up and goodies to buy for Christmas.
- You can purchase Tickets for our upcoming Christmas events at the Cherrywood Bar.
- Join the Facebook Event here!
- Tickets can be purchased in advance online here.
New to The Rushmoor Community Stadium? Find out more ahead of your visit to Cherrywood Road by reading here.
Click Poster to enlarge
Enjoy the game!
Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: