Just rounds away from a dream trip to Wembley Stadium, Spencer Day’s Farnborough side take on Maidenhead United at Paddy Power Park in an FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round Replay.

10 men Farnborough were forced into a Replay on Saturday after Spencer Day’s side drew 2-2 with Maidenhead United at York Road.

Manager Spencer Day chose to start new loan signings Goalkeeper Marek Rodák and Defender Gradi Milenge in Saturday’s 2-2 draw.

Speaking to BBC Surrey after Saturday’s draw, Manager Spencer Day said: “We’re ecstatic to still be in the Trophy. To play 57 minutes with ten men it was backs to the wall.

“We didn’t play well in the first half, you’ve got to give Maidenhead credit. We took an early lead – downhill with the wind and as much as I think we’ve had the best of three chances in the first half, Maidenhead put us under a lot of pressure [and], a lot of set pieces.

“We got through it but then the sending off changes the game. I think it was a very harsh sending off – the second one is a definite yellow but the first one never. And then we’re backs to the wall and we get through the first 30 minutes of the second half without too much problems to be fair.

“We’re working really hard. We’ve got players dropping with injuries. Then Maidenhead get two quick goals and you fear the worst. We’ve only got one striker left on the pitch and you just think that Maidenhead have grounded us down. And give them a lot of credit.

Day was delighted with the character shown by his players: “But then my group of youngsters, they’re fantastic. They get a set piece and nab a Replay and we’re still in it and considering how long we’ve played with ten men; that’s fantastic character.

“And we didn’t play well so we’ve got another chance so, as I said, to play that long with only ten men is fantastic to still be in the draw on Monday.

The Boro’ boss heaped praise on his players but acknowledged the pressure Maidenhead put his team under: “I did think that when Maidenhead scored and went 2-1 [up] they did sit back a little bit and think [the] job was done, and we took that opportunity so credit to us.

“Maidenhead put us under great pressure and it’s always difficult. I don’t think we got any decisions today, I thought we really got the rough end of it. But we’re still in it and we’re incredibly young and we’ve shown a huge amount of character all season.

“It’s not easy, we’re a very young inexperienced side and [have done] fantastic against a very experienced, well-payed players here [at Maidenhead].

Day added: “Maidenhead – they’re going to feel frustrated but the job’s not done. We’ve got a Replay on Monday night, I’m sure they’re [Maidenhead are] as tired as we are. It’s an exhausted dressing room in there and we’ve got to pick everybody up again and go again in 46 hours.

“I don’t think about worrying about the next round [at the moment]. We’ve got to deal with a very very strong Maidenhead team and you look at their bench compared to ours – the quality and experience they’ve got there. And they may have a couple more fit for Monday.

“We’ve just got to deal with Monday. Maidenhead are a very strong side and it’s another opportunity. We’ve worked so hard to give ourselves another opportunity; we’ve got to make sure that we don’t mess that up.”

Attacking substitutes Reece Tison-Lascaris and former Boro’ striker Dave Tarpey both netted for Maidenhead within 13 minutes in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at York Road.

Speaking to the Maidenhead Advertiser after Saturday’s FA Trophy draw, the Magpies boss Johnson Hippolyte said: “In all honesty before we scored our goal I thought it was going to be one of those days.

“Their keeper (Rodák) was saving everything that came his way. But I was pleased with the way we played against 10 men. We moved the ball well to get in behind them time and time again.

Hippolyte added: “We made it 2-1 with six or seven minutes to play and that should do it. Not only was the time of their goals disappointing, but they were also two set pieces. It’s frustrating, but we’re still in the hat and more than capable of going there and getting a result.”

Maidenhead United from: Elvjis Putnins (gk), De’Reece Vanderhyde, Harry Pritchard, Ryan Upward, Mark Nisbet (Capt), Simon Downer, Danny Green, Adrian Clifton, Eddie Hutchinson, Jonathan Hippolyte, Lanre Azeez, Dave Tarpey, Reece Tison-Lascaris, Jacob Erakine, Bobby Behzadi and Sam Barratt.

  • If the scores are level at the end of 90 minutes the game will go to extra time and penalties if required.
  • Winners receive £6000 from prize fund.

Match Officials: Monday’s Referee is Christopher O’Donnell and his Assistants are Tom Ratheram and Gregory Read. The Fourth Official is Neil Morrison.

Date: Monday 11 January 2015

Competition: FA Trophy Second Round Proper Replay Fixture

Venue: Farnborough FC, Paddy Power Park, Cherrywood Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 8UD.

Kick off at Paddy Power Park is at 7:45pm and admission prices are:

  • Adults £12
  • Concessions (Over 60 or disabled) £8
  • Under 16s £3.

Don’t forget:

New to Paddy Power Park? Find out more ahead of your visit to Cherrywood Road by reading here.

Don’t forget to head back to www.farnboroughfc.co.uk on Monday evening to vote for your Farnborough Man of the Match against Maidenhead United here.

Enjoy the game!

Click Poster to enlarge

Other FA Trophy 2nd Round Proper Replays taking place this week:

Tuesday 13 January
FC United Of Manchester vs Chorley
Wrexham vs Stockport County
Woking vs Oxford City

AFC Fylde vs AFC Telford United (Initial 2nd Round tie)

Wednesday 14 January
Gateshead vs Grimsby Town

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: