Farnborough claimed their third win of the season with an impressive 1-0 win away to Maidenhead United on Tuesday night.

Boro’ responded to Saturday’s home defeat with an impressive 1-0 win away to a Maidenhead United side that were unbeaten in two, courtesy of a 62nd minute goal from substitute Dan Bennett.

Spencer Day made two changes to the Farnborough side which were heavily defeated last time out, with CJ Fearn replacing Dan Bennett and new signing Ferdinand Takyi was handed his Boro’ debut in place for Ollie Treacher who was injured in the warm up.

Boro’ started the game brightly and showed signs of improvement from Saturday as Phil Page’s fluke shot from a very tight angle hit the top of the crossbar for a goal kick.

Pat O’Connor, making his second Boro’ appearance, was forced off after just 14 minutes with what looked like a foot injury, to be replaced by the energetic Josh Webb.

Four minutes later, a fingertip save by Boro’s Charlie Grainger denied Tashan Adeyinka, and from the resulting corner the 18 year-old keeper marvelously tipped Ryan Upwards drive over the bar. Two outstanding saves by the Leyton Orient loanee.

Boro’ then had a penalty claim turned down before The Magpies went down the other end and forced Grainger to punch away a venomous long range strike.

Neat build up play from the visitors saw Boro’ substitute Josh Webb try hit luck from distance but his long range strike whistled past the post.

Next, Boro’s Ferdinand Takyi did hit the post as the debutant connected well with a cross from the left and his close range header beat Putnins, only to be denied a debut goal by the woodwork as the first half drew to a close.

Half Time: Maidenhead United 0-0 Farnborough

On 47 minutes, Boro’ failed to clear their lines from a corner and The Magpies Mark Nisbet saw his close range attempt block as the visitors survived an early second half scare.

That not taken chance proved costly as Farnborough took the lead in the 62nd minute.

Spencer Day’s second substitution of the game saw impressive debutant Takyi replaced on 61 minutes with tricky midfielder Dan Bennett. Bennett needed less than a minute to make an impact and score the only goal of the game – a powerful Page shot from the left fell into the path of the keen substitute who raced in to smash home his second goal of the season with The Magpies defence static.

Boro’ were determined not to let the lead slip and a superb last ditch tackle by CJ Fearn set Matt Ball free. Ball drove through the Maidenhead defence but from a tight angle and with a challenge coming in from behind, the Vanarama Conference South’s August Player of the Month managed a tame shot which was saved from close range.

Boro’s hard working Okenabirhie was keen to get in on the action and the Stevenage loanee had an attempt blazed over the bar before his next chance came when he stole the ball off a hesitant Maidenhead defender before striding forwards and unleashing a shot which was comfortable enough for Putnins.

Looking for a change in fortune, Johnson Hippolyte then made a triple substitution in the 70th minute with Tashan Adeyinka, Ryan Upward and Reece Tison-Lascaris being replaced by Stefan Brown, Lanre Azeez and Daniel Brown respectably.

Not long after being on the pitch, Maidenhead’s Daniel Brown was booked by Referee Marvin Amphlett for diving.

Boro’s final substitution came in the 86th minute with defender Aaron Tumwa replacing hard-working vice-captain Phil Page.

Into five minutes of injury time and a stunning fingertip save by Charlie Grainger denied Danny Green an injury-time equaliser as his header was diverted around the post and Farnborough held on to the one goal advantage to leave York Road with all three deserved points.

FULL TIME: Maidenhead United 0-1 Farnborough

The win took Boro’ onto 10 points for the season and propelled them to 13th place ahead of Saturday’s home game with Mark Goldberg’s 3rd placed Bromley.

Next up for Farnborough – Saturday 13 September (KO 3pm), Bromley (home)

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: