Boro’ go from ‘heroes to zeros’ in four days.

After tasting the sweet success of Tuesday night with a 7-1 win away to Petersfield Town and having won their last two league games, who would have predicted a display such as the one witnessed on Canvey Island this afternoon.

True, the pitch was poor, not only in it’s condition, but, with more undulations than nearby Southend’s big dipper, the old cliche about it not being a level playing field was never more aptly applied.

That said, it was a poor showing from Boro’ with no more than two or three players able able to look in the mirror without reproaching themselves.

Dillon Barnes was in action after only a few minutes. First, he punched out a corner, then, when White was allowed to continue when he looked to be offside, the keeper did well to parry his shot and Brice completed the clearance, the third effort was a diving save to tip around the post a good shot from Gary Ogilvie.

Things really started to fold when Treacher lost possession in the middle of the park some 35 yards out allowing Gardner to run on unchallenged and beat Barnes with a shot into the right corner on 15 minutes. Concord Rangers 1-0 Farnborough.

The home side were coping much better with the conditions, gave Boro’ no time on the ball and were playing some neat ‘ one touch’ football which was to prove more and more effective as the game went on.

When Adam Brice headed out a cross, the ball fell to Sam Collins hit a volley which, again, Barnes did well to get down and turn it round the post for another corner from which Lampe headed over.

Following another good blocking tackle from Brice the home side kept up their almost continuous attacks on the Boro’ goal and just before the half hour, Gardner received the ball on the right edge of the box and his volley, which appeared to take a reflection of Louie Theophanous, gave Barnes no chance. Concord Rangers 2-0 Farnborough.

Hesitation in the Boro’ defence just three minutes later (looking for offside?), allowed Lewis Taaffe to slot home number three on 32 minutes. Concord Rangers 3-0 Farnborough.

Boro’ were making the odd attack and one good run from Dawson followed by a good pass through to Culley, unfortunately found the no 11 just offside. All too often, the final pass, or cross, was lacking accuracy. The half ended without further score.

Half Time: Concord Rangers 3-0 Farnborough.

A poor half on a poor pitch with two goals resulting from errors and the third taking a deflection, though in fairness, the shot looked to be going in anyway and Concord Rangers were on top in nearly every department.

Page came on for Okenabirhie at the break and the home side looked set to carry on as in the first half when Stokes was just too high with a shot from the right. Page had a shot on target from the left, but Vickers gathered without trouble.

James White then had a speculative shot from distance which Barnes dealt with easily. When Boro’ were awarded a rare free kick on the edge of the area, Page couldn’t repeat his effort of Tuesday night and slammed the ball into the wall. To his credit, Pagey reacted first, regained the ball and went on to win a corner.

Boro’ made a double substitution on 62 minutes, replacing Michael Richens and Amadeu Arnau with Dan Bennett and Freddie Grant. Concord Rangers brought on Steve Cawley for Lewis Taaffe.

Concord got their fourth of the afternoon on 65 minutes, Ogilvie scoring from close range. Concord Rangers 4-0 Farnborough.

The home side made a second change almost immediately, with Taylor Miles replacing Joe Gardner.

Culley came close to getting Boro’ a consolation, but Vickers saved with his feet and just a few minutes later, Cawley headed home number 5 from a right wing cross on 72 minutes.

Concord’s final change saw Pinnock replace Ogilvie and apart from the odd break away by Boro’ which produced no consolation, the home side kept up the pressure and always looked likely to add to their total. It came as no surprise when they wrapped up the scoring in a two minute spell eight minutes or so from the end.

Substitute, Taylor Miles, cracked home the sixth following a good move and cross from the right. Concord Rangers 6-0 Farnborough.

Sam Collins whacked in their seventh to complete Boro’s miserable afternoon. Concord Rangers 7-0 Farnborough.

Full Time: Concord Rangers 7-0 Farnborough

An afternoon most of the Boro’ team will want to forget though one or two, notably Adam Brice and Dillon Barnes, have no reason reproach themselves.

Brice did little wrong in the centre of defence, while Barnes made a number of good stops without which the result could have been even more embarrassing.

Culley, Page and Theophanous made honest enough contributions, but collectively, we were second best, beaten by the better side on the day.

I’m sure the players will feel bad at the result, but must now look to two games against Weston in four days and try to bounce back. If they show they’re up for the fight the fans will continue to give their support.

Match Report by Tony Duff.

Man of the Match: Roger Peirce (Kitman).

Next up for Farnborough – Tuesday 9 December (KO 7:45pm), Weston-Super-Mare (away).

Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: