3 points on Monday evening have put plenty of confidence into Spencer Day’s Farnborough side going into Saturday’s home clash with 10th place Hayes & Yeading United.
Farnborough head into Saturday’s game still in 18th place but now with 16 points and three points this weekend could see them rise one place to 17th.
Speaking after Monday’s 3-2 win at St Albans City, Manager Spencer Day told News & Mail: “I keep saying it, ‘we’ve been improving’. We are a work in progress but we played some great stuff at times and it’s a vital three points for us.
“We thoroughly deserved to win the game but we also could have lost it, which would have been a travesty. For 35 minutes of the first half we were superb and should’ve been three or four up and the second half we’ve remained in control. But all of a sudden we’ve had a ten-minute wobble and it’s 2-2.
“All season we’ve had character in the dressing room but we’ve made a number of changes and it’s amazing we’ve still got that character. That’s a huge plus and it’s just the confidence boost we needed.”
Defender Adam Brice could be back in contention after suffering a heavy blow to the head in last Wednesday’s 6-1 friendly victory over Horley Town. New loan signing from Woking, Reece Beckles will also be looking to continue his impressive debut where he netted his first goal for the club on Monday.
Farnborough from: Charlie Grainger (gk), Dillon Barnes (gk), David Banjo, Amadeu Arnau, Lloyd Foot, Adam Brice, Darryl Siaw, Ollie Treacher, Courtney Fearn, Dan Pearse, Mario Quiassaca, Aaron Dawson, Harry Grant, Phil Page, Dan Bennett, Fejiri Okenabirhie and Louie Theophanous.
Squad correct as of 14:30 on 21/11/2014
Phil Babb’s 10th place Hayes & Yeading United side come into Saturday’s game off the back of a 2-1 midweek defeat at Eastbourne Borough. Top scorer with 6 goals, former Fleet frontman Pat Cox, grabbed Hayes & Yeading’s goal on Wednesday but that couldn’t prevent them from going down 2-1 to a 73rd minute winner from Marvin Hamilton.
Ex Boro’ boys, goalkeeper Grant Smith and defensive duo Dean Inman and Lewis Ferrell also return to Paddy Power Park this weekend.
Hayes & Yeading United from: Grant Smith (gk), De-Reece Vanderhyde, Mason Spence, Gary MacDonald, Lewis Ferrell, Dean Inman, Rhys Murrell-Williamson, Jack Mills, Patrick Cox, Matty Harriott (Capt), Tom Collins, Ashleigh Artwell, Ben Gerring, Louie-Rae Beadle, Jack Thomson-Wheeler, Josiah Benjamin and Delroy Preddie (gk).
Match Officials: Saturday’s Referee is Lloyd Wood (Romford) and his assistants are Craig Pullen (Romford) and Garry Maskell (London).
Date: Saturday 22nd November 2014
Competition: Vanarama Conference South League Fixture
Venue: Farnborough FC, Paddy Power Park, Cherrywood Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 8UD.
Kick off at Paddy Power Park is at 3pm and admission prices are:
- Adults £12
- Concession (Over 60 or disabled) £8
- Under 16s £3
- Under 6s FREE.
- Official Match Day Programme (Boro View) £2
- Car Park £2
We are very much looking forward to welcoming Manor Infant School as our School of the Week this Saturday.
- Farneys Cafe will be open from 7.30am right up until kick off at 3pm.
- The Cherrywood Bar will be open from noon, also showing Sky Sports coverage of Live Football between Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday in the Sky Bet Championship at 12:15, followed by Arsenal and Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League at 5:30pm [unless a function is on].
- Replica Shirts go on sale this Saturday when the Club Shop opens at 1:30pm.
- Bookings for the FaST Coaches to Sholing and Concord Rangers will be taken at the 50/50 table.
- Christmas Raffle tickets will continue to be sold on Saturday, please ask at the club shop for more details.
- Mighty Yellows Membership packs available, please ask at the club shop for more details.
- Join the Facebook Event here!
Enjoy the game!
Click to enlarge
Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: