Farnborough Football in the Community has been awarded a £20,000 grant to carry out its Project within the local community for the season 2014/15.
This funding will help massively and contribute towards:
- Faith & Football – This is a free community football league for children of the ages 5-10 years.
- Shooting Stars Reading Scheme which is working in partnership with Premier and encouraging children in junior schools to read in different.
- Falcons Cheerleaders – Encouraging the local females in the community and partnering with the local Sixth form college
- Extra Time Homework club – Working in a unique environment overlooking the stadium and having access to WI FI and laptops children will have opportunity to complete their homework and 1-1 reading.
- School/Team of the week – Working with the local football youth teams and schools giving away FREE tickets inviting families to attend and enjoy a match day.
- Walking Football – Older people love playing football this 2 touch football will go a long way in keeping fit.
The scheme would not have been possible without the generous contribution from the trust.
Spencer Day First Team manager has praised the scheme saying, “All the Projects are brilliant and involving the whole community in a number of ways is where the club want to be – well done all involved.”
Mark McGowan who is Club Chaplain and heading up the scheme stated, “I am so thankful of the Football Conference in giving the local community of Farnborough a huge lift – we are now in a position to help not just a few but many local children through different projects.”
The local council are behind this and have worked alongside Mark in many different ways. There is also been a community Steering Group set up to discuss and feedback all of these projects.
We look forward to a successful season both on and now off the pitch
For further information, contact: Mark McGowan, Community Chaplain via mobile on 07854383441.
Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: