FaST Gears Up for the New Season with New Blood and a New Plan!
The FaST Board recently held its first meeting and the following roles were agreed amongst the Directors:
Garry Ward – Chairman
Graham Ellicott – Secretary
Paul Spicer – Treasurer
Bob Perry – Membership Secretary
Kevin Dyer – Club Liaison
Phil Martin – Ground Development
Malcolm Upward – Liaison with youth football
Luke Burford – Website and social media
In addition the current FaST Board also has close ties with the club, namely
- Garry is the Fixtures Secretary
- Kevin is a member of the FFC Board
- Luke organises the production of the programme
- Phil oversees much of the technical maintenance in and around the ground and the clubhouse
PLUS Graham and Malcolm have been asked to join Mark McGowan’s Community Steering Committee which has the primary aim of bringing the Farnborough community closer together via schemes such as school and community groups coming to home games, reading schemes for local schools and a homework club.
The above roles go a long way towards underpinning FaST’s objectives which include
1. The strengthening of the bonds between the Club and the community which it serves and the representation of the interests of the community in the running of the Club
2. Working with present and future members of the community served by the Club by promoting encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement
3. The encouraging of the Club to take proper account of the interests of its supporters and of the community it serves in its decisions
4. To gain supporter representation on the club’s board
It’s fair to say that the new blood joining the Board has brought new energy and new ideas to FaST but we don’t want to stop there; we want to hear from YOU with YOUR IDEAS as well so that we can construct a sensible and robust plan for FaST to deliver over the season to come. So come and see us at the 50/50 Table or around the ground in general with your ideas or click here to send us an email with them!
Early projects (suppliers will be paid by FaST not by the club) that FaST has in mind over and above its normal operations (such as the away game coaches) are the
- Installation of the remaining missing back wall panels in the PRE Stand so that the already installed electrical items such as the Public Address System and the Emergency Lighting can be properly protected against the British weather
- Construction of disabled toilet – this will be the target for the ‘Bucket Collections’ which will restart
These are exciting times for FaST and we need your input so please don’t forget to have that conversation or send that email so that the Club and the Local Community can receive the maximum benefit from FaST and your efforts!!
And if you want to renew your membership or pass a form on to a prospective member then please call Bob Perry on 07795083505 and he will either post or email you a new one.
Best regards Garry, Graham, Paul, Bob, Kevin, Phil, Malcolm and Luke
Keep up to date with your club on Social Media: