Farnborough travelled to already relegated Truro City still without a recognised Goal Keeper signed on at the club after the F.A.  still refused the club to sign an emergency keeper.

So again the club turned towards Nic Ciardini to help fill the position of keeper and with only 4 minutes on the clock found themselves 2 goals down.  Two errors by Cards in goal gifted Mathew Wright and Truro the perfect start to their last home game of the season.   Shell shocked at such a poor start ‘Boros Captain Steve Laidler took control of the midfield and alongside Daniel Bennett got ‘Boros fight back started.  The visitors went on the attack for the rest of the first half and on any other day could have seen them go in at the break 5 or 6 goals to the good, a combination of fine defending,  great saves by Hider in goal and poor finishing looked as if it was going to be Truro’s day.

Finally on 30 minutes ‘Boro scored when Elvis Hammond latched on to a Phil Page cross and guided the ball passed young Hider at the near post.  8 minutes later ‘Boro were level when Richard Peniket was picked out by Bennett and the livewire Peniket fired home from 16 yards.

The second half continued as the first had ended with ‘Boro on the attack and looking to take the lead for the first time in this very entertaining game.   Phil Page went close to scoring but blasted his shot wide from 8 yards out.  Dave Tarpey on as a sub for Page then went close to scoring but in form Hider produced a fine save to keep the score level, ‘Boro then made a double change bringing on Marcus Moody and Tom McGarry for Reece Jones and Elvis Hammond as they set about looking for the next goal.   Just when it looked like it was going to be one of those days up popped Tom McGarry to put ‘Boro in front for the first time in this game,  after some great play by Bennett McGarry raced onto a pass 18 yards out and with his cultured left foot found the bottom right corner,  2-3 .That was Tom’s first goal for ‘Boro since signing from Chertsey Town and looked to be the winner until Paul Kendall  on Truro’s last home game in the Blue Square Conference South League and in front of their loyal supporters grabbed a third 3 minutes from time.

After the game Garbo said “Going 2 down after just 4 minutes heads could have dropped but they didn’t such is the fighting spirit in that dressing room.  Cards has stepped up and put himself in the firing line going in goal and yes he has made mistakes but we win as a team and we lose as a team. Had we taken more of our chances then we would have romped to victory today and nobody that watched that game would say anything different.  On that note Spencer, Steve, all of the management team and players wish to thank every single Farnborough supporter that made that very long journey today to support us.