‘Boro confined Sutton United to their second home 1-0 defeat inside a week, Dave Tarpey’s second half strike proving decisive.

The home side spurned a great opportunity inside the first ten minutes, the experienced Paul Telfer failing to find the target when allowed to much time to attack Sam Rents corner.

‘Boro thought they had taken the lead soon after, Richard Peniket reacting the quickest to Dan Bennett’s deflected shot, but the assistant linesman deemed the Fulham front man has strayed into an offside position.

Sutton were enforced into a change when imposing centre back Tom Jordan making his first start since his move from Eastleigh landed heavily after a challenge on Dave Tarpey, the injury which was subsequently diagnosed as a broken collar bone saw the Sutton man stretchers off the pitch, not before the referee could show him a yellow card for the infringement,

Sutton enjoyed a good spell of pressure, and ‘Boro were indebted to ‘keeper Ross Worner who made a string of fine saves, continuing his recent run of good form.

‘Boro started the brighter in the second half and on 52 minutes a moment of quality from Tarpey, proved to be the key moment of the match, showing good strength to hold off the defender, Tarpey finished with great aplomb, giving former ‘Boro loanee Tom Lovelock no chance.

Sutton took the game to ‘Boro with substitute Harry Ottaway looking a real threat, alongside Dundas who was a constant thorn in the sides of the visitors, Ross Worner kept alert and managed to keep at bay a determined Sutton side.

With ten minutes to go, Spencer Day shored things up, a double substitution seeing forwards Tarpey & Peniket being replaced by Bosch and Moody, and the latter took advantage on a couple of occasions breaking menacingly at the defence after the ball was turned over by ‘Boro as Sutton continuously pressed for an equaliser.

‘Boro face another road trip tonight (Monday), Chelmsford City the hosts, kick off at Melbourne Park Stadium is at 7.45pm