‘Boro’s youth team continued their unbeaten start to the season, recording a 4-0 home victory over Slough Town in the Allied Counties Youth League.

Farnborough’s youngsters excellent start to the season continued on Wednesday evening with a convincing victory at home to Slough Town.

Two goals in each half was just reward for a performance that was full of attacking endeavour, hard work and good defending.

The opening goal came in the eighth minute when a deep cross from Kyle Lewis was headed back across goal by Sam De St Croix to the unmarked Ben Coverdale who nodded in form six yards.
More chances followed with Lennox Phillips turning and shooting from twelve yards that was well saved and Ben Myers surged forward from the back
before teeing up De St Croix who curled his shot just wide. Sinclair-Smith and Fearn were controlling the centre of midfield winning the ball and using it
wisely and Slough were struggling to get anything going.

The second goal duly arrived when the impressive De St Croix reacted first when Luke Bersey’s free kick was only half cleared and he lobbed the keeper from twenty yards. That was his fourth goal in the last two games.

Myers was caught in possession on the edge of the box to gift Slough their first real chance but their striker shot high and wide.  Slough enjoyed a spell of pressure before half time and Sam Bersey was quick off his line to save at Franklin’s feet and Michael Dart made a great sliding tackle with Franklin again through on goal.

Farnborough got the perfect start to the second half when Phillips was rewarded for his hard work with a surging run and ferocious shot that was too strong for Liam Burgen in the Slough goal.

Credit must go to Slough though as they fought hard to get back into the game and two quick chances were repelled by great defending and another smart save from Bersey.

Ben Myers went on another surging run from the back and ended by curling a shot past Burgen but the ball hit the inside of the post and was cleared. De St Croix curled a free kick just over from twenty five yards and then had a shot cleared off the line from close range following good work by Isiakpona.

Sadly, a bad injury to Burgen saw him carried off on a stretcher to be replaced in goal and all at Farnborough FC wish him a speedy recovery.

The fourth and final goal came when Isiakpona made room to shoot from ten yards which the keeper saved but up stepped De St Croix to fire
into the roof of the net to seal the victory.

Sam Bersey, Luke Bersey, Luca Scanella, Bakari Sinclair-Smith, Michael Dart (C), Ben Myers, Kyle Lewis, Ben Coverdale, Lennox Phillips, Courtney Fearn, Sam De St Croix.

Subs Used; Ebe Isiakpona, Jack Thomson, Christoper Bell.

‘Boro  who progressed to the 2nd Round Qualifying of the FA Youth Cup following a 5-2 away win at Thatcham Town  last week now await the winners of the Ardley United and Alton Town tie which takes place on Monday 1st October.

The 2nd Round Qualifying tie will take place at Cherrywood Road on Wednesday 10th October.

‘Boro’s Academy teams match against Chichester College fell foul to the weather this afternoon.